Friday, April 4, 2008

Honeymoon: la Visita de Mexico

Tour of Mexico....

I think it is official. We are scaling back on the ceremony and reception so we can spend more money on the honeymoon. What kind of self proclaimed travel addict who hasn't fed her addiction in way too long would I be if I didn't?



My husband is a native of Guerrero, Mexico. This home to the cliff divers of Acapulco is nicely positioned and holds many amenities a traveling couple could appreciate. Family, a base camp, a free car, and sunshine. Lots of sunshine. Don't skip over free car either.

My husband Alex has not been home to Mexico in twelve years. He left at the young age of 18 and had not seen many of the things outsiders associate with Mexico. I have never been and as a result still have not met two of my sisters. I think we know where we will be going for our honeymoon ladies and gentlemen.

I need to find some hidden gem of a beach for us to bum on.

Even though it is in the heart of cruise ship dump offs and a mecca for camera toting socks pulled way too high tourists - I would like to see Chechen Itza. It is one of the new seven wonders of the world and seeing as I have seen a total of 0 I need to start somewhere. As an archaeological junkie I will be visiting some harder to get to and thus quieter sites as well.

We took a few days on our recent trip and talked /day dreamed about some options. When I suggested Mexico his eyes lit up and he said "Okay!". So I think it is official! We then spent too long that day looking at a map of Mexico fantasizing about all the places we would like to hit. I think it would take months to absorb all the places, sights, sounds, foods and experiences we would like to take in. Not to mention the shopping I would like to do. Best of all? I have a built in translator! We will have to do some research and narrow down the list.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooo... sounds nice!

Rachel said...

I need another wedding planning fix! new post please!